Sunday, April 4, 2010

Review and Preview

Hmmm. So this is another entry into the blog. After ages it seems. Maybe I didn’t get much of subject to write. May be I didn’t get time to work on it. May be the situation never allowed me to write. May be sometimes, I was just plain lazy. Well, I am trying out something new today. Writing it offline and then posting it or rather pasting it J.

So, what’s new. Nothing really. Isn’t that what we always seem to be replying whenever someone asks, “Wassup?”, “Whats happening?”, “Whats new?”, etc etc. It sounds like looking for a topic to talk upon but not able to do so. That’s exactly what I am feeling right now. Lost in the search for a topic to write about. I come across a lot of options in my daily routine. But seldom do I make an effort to put it down through the keyboard. For more details on this issue, refer paragraph 1.

For those of you who do not know it, I have a knack of going into details whenever asks me an opinion on a movie that I have watched. By details I mean, whatever technicalities I understand of movie making, I try and review while going through the images as the flow through the screen in front of me. But the problem is, not everyone expects the intricacies that may not really affect their movie watching experience.

So I have decided. From here on, my responses on any movie that I watch and feel worth reviewing or having an opinion about, would be posted here. This may be weekly, daily, alternate days, whenever I see one, you shall get a post about it quickly.

Why movie reviews of all the things in the world? Aren’t there already too many people who get paid and heard for being biased to ideas, people, and houses they adore; and explaining things that the common man does not understand, just to show that they have actually done a post-mortem of the product of the movie industry, and that their scrutiny should not be and could not be questioned. Well, my answer to the question which somehow got lost in the above chaos is, what better than a movie review to keep my blog happy, alive and entertaining.

So now that it is decided (it was always so :P) that I shall be writing movie reviews from now on, I need to decide on some credentials. The kind of movies to be reviewed, the aspects to be reviewed, the rating methodology, and the responses.

Kind of movies.
Since i believe that any kind of movie is worth making a watch, I try and catch any and every movie that I come across, with positive, negative of no opinionated auras around it. But if you want to stuff your movie to me, i would back off (Veer are you listening). So any movie that I happen to see over the weekend (very rarely over the weekdays), will be reviewed.

Aspects to be reviewed.
OK. Let me get this straight. I do not know the exact nature of the technicalities involved. Nor do I understand the intersection between the script, screenplay, and direction of a particular scene. But overall, as a regular moviegoers and someone who takes movie making very seriously, I think I can figure out why something is what it is on the screen. As per the aspects to be reviewed, whatever stands out and is observed prominently, for reasons good or bad, shall be reviewed.

The Rating Methodology.
Nothing special, the excellence rated on a percentage scale of 100. The score divided by 20. The no. rounded of to a multiple of 0.5 Pretty logical and systematic I guess.

The Responses.
Will see when I get any :P

So, next post: probably tomorrow. Movie to be reviewed - Clash of The Titans. Featuring Sam Worthington, Liam Neeson. An epic adventure in 3D. BRB

PS. The reviews are not guaranteed to be on the first day or the first weekend or the first week.
So if you are planning to use my judgement as a reference point to gauge your prospective ROI, I would like to be excused.

No comments: